A Registered Nurse will call prior to your scheduled appointment to go over any other instructions and to answer any questions you may have.
- If you will be taking a Valium (diazepam) for your procedure, bring it with you to the surgery center. Once you sign your paperwork, we will have you take the medication here.
- You will need a driver, no driving for 24 hours after taking Valium (diazepam).
- If you were ordered IV sedation, eat lightly in the hours before your scheduled injection.
- You will need a driver, no driving for 24 hours after receiving sedation.
- You will be instructed by a nurse whether or not to take any medications the day of surgery
- Notify GESC staff of any allergies/reactions you may have
- You may shower and brush your teeth the day of your appointment
- Wear loose, comfortable clothing on the day of your appointment
- Bring the following items to the Greater Erie Surgery Center
- Driver’s License
- Health Insurance Card(s)
- List of current medications
- X-rays or MRI tests on CD(s)
Do not bring valuables with you the day of your appointment Greater Erie Surgery Center is not responsible for lost or stolen personal items.
Please contact the Greater Erie Surgery Center (814-790-5636) prior to your scheduled appointment if:
- You experience any changes in your health between your most recent visit to your physician and the date of your procedure, even minor ones such as temperature, cough, or cold.
- You suspect you are pregnant. Anesthesia, medication and use of radiology equipment may be harmful to the developing fetus.
- You have a latex allergy.